Playapod 2.4 Update
Playapod 2.4 has been officially released and includes support for basic HTTP auth for private feeds, the ability to share episodes at a specific time, and support for additional audio format. In addition, we have made some website-specific improvements. Here is a rundown of the new features:
- Added support for basic HTTP auth for private feeds! Adding the RSS for a feed that requires auth should prompt for login and subscription will be added after entering your credentials.
- Added new sharing methods that include shortened URLs that link to the Playapod website. Also includes the ability to share episode at a specific time which will play on playapod.com! Website auto-plays at specific timecode.
- Added support for .m4b audio files in the external media manager.
- Added support for email login and registration directly through the website.
- Added support for playing podcasts without being signed in. Note: Your progress history will not be saved until you sign-in.
- Added support for subscribing and unsubscribing to feeds directly through the website (sign-in required).
Most of these features and changes were requested from listeners, so please continue sending us your comments and suggestions via the App Settings “Send Feedback” link. We really do read any and all feedback.