Playapod Version 1.3.1
Playapod 1.3.1 has been released to both iOS and Android platforms. This is a minor release that increases stability and reduces network bandwidth usage.
Android and iOS Changes
- Implemented a quick save function that occurs every 5 seconds of playback. If app is killed or crashes there will now be minimal loss of progress data.
- Navigation apps will now pause Playapod audio while speaking instead of lowering (ducking) the volume. Requires iOS 9 for this feature to be enabled.
- Fast forwarding while at the end of a podcast now navigates to the next track instead of stopping.
- Episode titles were improved to remove show title plus white spaces and dashes. Example: If the Show is “Tech 411” and the Episode title is “Tech 411 – Hello World” then Playapod will display “Hello World”
- No longer caching the “Popular” shows list which was generating too much network traffic to server.
- Added Firebase Crashlytics so if app does crash we get detailed reports to help us fix the issue.
- Download Episodes popup setting changed values to reflect “Episodes” vs “Shows”
- Playing streaming media will now timeout after 10 seconds of not playing.
- Database insert/update improvements for handling bad characters.
- Show settings reel icon is now same size as app settings gear icon.
- Audio focus improvements so bluetooth can play media without launching the app every time.
- Fixed layout bug / rotating playlist icon.
- Fixed download notification crash.
- Fixed reset of settings crash.
I love this podcatcher. However, I have a 32 GB IPad. My data
Is taking up 10gb. How can I and what is the best fix foramount of data in settings?
You can disable cellular downloading of mp3 files. Also upgrading to the latest version will greatly help. Cheers